Lemon-Aid good for the eyes?

Beautiful,
I thought I might have a go at a product by Benefit called Lemon-Aid. It's described at a "miracle-working soft-yellow correcting cream that instantly hides redness and discoloration on your eyelids." Unfortunately, I'm addicted to tutorials on youtube tutorials and this has been a long standing cult fave of many a guru. After work I deposited a much awaited refund and went to Sephora to purchase this highly promoted product.
Well lovely, today was my first day of trying it on. Although the reviews gave it 4 out of 5 stars, it only gets one lippie from us. I did my usual wash and prep routine, applied a light layer and applied my eyeshadow and by 10.00 a.m. my perfectly cut crease had slid to my lash line. What's more, I could feel it as it began to crease. I think my error was in my expectation of a product to do what is was not intended for. Had I done full research, I would have queried those gurus to find out if they had dry skin or problems with their shadows creasing. Instead, I spent half a tank of gas money to learn a valuable lesson. I may try to swap it on makeupalley or use it over my regular crease proofing base. Just goes to show not all products work equally and it's better to try something first (they do have testers) before shelling out loads of money on something I cannot use. Maybe I can return, but the lesson has been learned.
Stay beautifulxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x