Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Earlier Post = FAIL



I completely forgot to include this week's feature's video. I am sorry for that, I was trying so hard to cram so much information in my head I should have kept one post specific to Gossmakeupartist. Please check out his channel, he's been a working makeup artist for over ten years, has tons of professional experience and incredible tips for both men and women.

I must say, he may seem as if he's been crying; however, he states his eyes are red due to filming first thing in the a.m.

The UK seems to be dominating in terms of Youtube makeup guru's all well deserved.

Meow for now!!


B.P.

Happy New Year!

Beautiful Cherubs,

I was driving to work this morning listening to people in Australia ring in the New Year. I sat next to a woman on the train, and said "Have a Happy New Year!" to her in Russian. It wasn't to brag about my linguistic/language skill, but I knew how nice it would be to acknowledge the day in her language. So many people are guilty of the me, me and more me thinking. I reckon that's how the world is watching the economy crumble, we have all got so engulfed in our wants and things that please us we rarely think about others.

For today, I make no resolutions other than to be better, do better and live better regardless of what's going on in my life. People will be mean, selfish and even hateful, but let not your heart be troubled. Spend time living life the way felines do. Live a simple life.

In other news, it would be wise to expect MAC to raise their prices as they do every year. Please take note to a very intelligent YouTuber by name of Gossmakeupartist, he is really incredible.

Along with a few others, Urban Decay has launched their Spring 2009 collection, as expected, they keep us bright and daring for the future.

I must catch up on a few things, but I want you to remember today and everyday that you are beautiful, and there is a reason you are on earth, don't let another person steal your joy and like cream, always rise to the top!

Until next year :)


Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday Morning Quickie

Hello Felines!
I am hoping all of you lovelies had a wonderful Christmas. I am so sorry for my absence. I had quite the calm holiday, and should have blogged; however, I believe many people were spending time with their families. This year it was very quiet, I saw my parents and have a feeling this will be the last year I have both parents, so I made the trip to their house. Naturally, my father did not put a tree up. In his defense it would have been more trouble being my mother would have gotten into it as her condition is so rampant.
Nevertheless, I spent almost all of my time off surfing the internet trying to find tutorials online. I took pictures, but now I need the USB cable and I purchased a software package for videos only to find out I have movie maker. So between the Sony Vega and Windows Movie Maker, I have been watching tutorials on how to make videos.
I found it funny of the myriad of people I inquired about cameras, editing, etc. a kind person replied by telling me to get a "Canon HD camara." Of course I Googled that phrase with the correct spelling and gave me information overload as it does not indicate enough specifications.
I took solace in watching a random act of kindness on Youtube. A woman was promoting another gent and he said something that was so true, we have become so antisocial with our modern technology that we forget how to be human. He also mentioned that people don't want to help others as they feel it is revealing some "secret." He was spot on to how I feel I subscribed to him and found he was one of the most knowledgeable people who has remained so humble with his profession.
For now, what random acts of kindness do you practice?

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Brunette? Blonde? or Redhead?


Beautiful You,

Here is yet another collection from MAC set for launch January 8th. I found this information on the beauty blog board and am really hoping it will meet all of your expectations. Fortunately, this panther has her felines set on slimming down and this doesn't mean just my waist, but my stash. I have reorganized my beauty buys in hopes of posting swatches, looks, comparisons, and was very embarassed to find I have repurchased so many items, not to mention the colors are so similar it is laughable.

On the plus side, I have seen stashes which make mine look anorectic at best :) I find myself using these lovelies as justification when I do want to make that compulsive buy. I think quality of the purchases I have made are rather impressive and the quantity may lessen, but that's a good thing. In addition, it's quite embarassing to have a makeup store in my home. The places I have found makeup is really quite embarassing. This morning I found lipliner in my freezer, a foundation in my refrigerator and now I have my camera in my glove box. Hmmm...

Stay beautiful and Happy Holidays!


B.P.


Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Christmas=^..^=

Hello Beautiful People!

I am taking this moment to say, "Thank you." No matter who you are you are important to me if you are reading these words.

I am supposed to be posting a response to a tag but, people can be @#&holes and not respond to my requests for information. I have no clue how to post and edit a video. I just learned how to operate a camera even though I purchased three. So, tonight, I am reading the directions and will learn trial and error. I will learn to edit, crop, zoom and eventually post a video. But, for some odd reason I don't have the gene that learns gadgets easily. Why is it so hard for me to figure out simple electronics? I'm not vapid or vacuous by any means but this sucks and it frustrates me more that I have to solicit help. But, what gets me, is people are not one to help. Out of 12 requests, one person offered to give me the small clue on how to take a photo, crop it and post it. It was simple, she did it in one sentence and ended with let me know and HTH. I could and would have given her my camera. Why? Because she ACKNOWLEDGED me. How desperate is that? I'm not one to ask, so cherubs, if I ever ask for anything, which I hope not to, please know there is a reason behind it. I have not accepted a dime from my parents since October 6, 1999! No presents, gifts, tuition, rent, nada! Why? It was thrown in my face once that XXX amount of dollars were spent on me and I may be many things but I am not a nuisance.

Having a bit of a rant feels good, but this is not the place for it, my other blog is catered to life, "as told by me" and this is and will remain your place for one stop inner and outer beauty. This is my gift back to all of you, and I will pinky swear to keep this blog all things beauty, updated, and informative and, "coming soon" loads of photos, swatches, comparison pics and more. Maybe even a tutorial or two.

Stay Beautiful and Paws just because,

B.P.

Monday, December 22, 2008

B.P.'s Definition of Beauty...

Hello Cherubs!
How many more days until Christmas...? I know, "It's the most wonderful time of the year...." But I'm not feeling it felines, I really can't shake this.
I was prowling about this weekend and saw a woman in a craft store and haven't shaken the "experience" yet. The cashier was being indignant and decided to call for back up on my return. I have finally gotten strong enough to return things, I no longer fear the wrath, disdain or often misplaced frustration of the sales assistants; however, when back up came, I noticed she had the prettiest blue eyeshadow on. So, what's the big deal? The young lady was absolutely beautiful in an ever so innocent way. She was not the stereotypical beauty. Being that I think CONSTANTLY, I kept looking at her and her shadow was a bold blue, not blended and what's more, she had glasses quite thick so it was making the shimmer muted. I also noticed she had dark facial hair on her chin, but for some reason she had the most angelic face. I know it may sound smug to point out flaws but define her as beautiful, as if I am so perfect.
The point precious, is I see beauty in everyone and what society may see as a flaw, I can recognize it's there, but that does not have to mean a person is less beautiful. I've always thought the "beautiful people" were meh, but love the unconventional looks most women struggle with.
I really wonder how many of us want to change our appearance based on societal images, not realizing those "flaws" may be what make us unique? I have never been the "beautiful one" hence, my love for cosmetics. It was a way for me to change my appearance as well as a method of communicating. Since I tend to be extremely introverted and analytical, I found by turning the focus on someone else would take the pressure off me.
It is my hope people will finally get over the outside world and focus on how they contribute as a person. Makeup is absolutely fun, I love the skills I have learned, working with others, watching transformations, but it doesn't define anyone, it washes off and the real feline is still lovely.

Cheers,


B.P.


Thursday, December 18, 2008

This week's Guest Guru!!



Beautiful
Oh my goodness...I love to laugh, but it happens rare. I am not one of those felines who laughs out loud. When I do, it's so refreshing, but this weeks guest made me lol. I can count on one hand how many times I laughed out loud this year. This was number three. The one before that was the shoe dodge by George W. Why does he always have the sh*t eating grin on his face? I digress.
Unless you have been living under a rock like I have, you have already subscribed to Leesha *aka xsparkage* on Youtube. She is one of the Lionesses of makeup gurus since the advent of doing makeup for others to watch and learn since day one.
Whilst I am not an avid follower, I did stumble across this clip and though it may not be intended to provide humor, I could not stop laughing at the disdain provoked at the thought of makeup junkies getting their fix with testers.
What's more, I have never used testers, not for sanitary purposes but I usually know what I want when I make a purchase, I swatch things on my paw first. Maybe in the back of my mind it's been ingrained that it is quite unsanitary, but the notion of it alone causes our frisky feline to almost break out in hives. Each time the thought of using a tester comes into her mind, she gets quite skeeved.
I must raise my paw to this lovely kitty, she's spot on with her advice; however, so many of you are still not going to heed the advice.

Purr on my purrfect felines,


B.P.


Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm Back!



Hello Gorgeous,
I have missed you all so much. The CATharticness of writing about beauty is amazing. I dread to admit that beauty is something essential in my life; however, it's been a part of me and something I truly enjoy. I think what I do is an expression of one of many art forms. Whilst on my training, I found myself drawing often and experimenting with my designs when I got home.
This week I'm really impressed with the product resurrected from my stash I haven't reached for in years. It's my Jessie's Girl Eyedust, and it's really quite nice. It is finely milled, has a smooth consistency and I don't find it better than MAC; however I do think it's great quality.
On the downside, the packaging is not my favorite. I find it to be quite messy. Some people like sifters and others don't. For me sifters work better at keeping the residual from spilling to other areas. I waste product every time I open this as it falls onto my hand, the sink and because it is so finely milled it lands everywhere. This is not a huge deal as what can one expect from a loose shadow to be honest? But, I see myself looking like a scene in Scarface if I drop one of these jars on the floor! That is why I love sifters for loose powder.
I looked on the website and the only retailer is Rite Aid; however, I think you can make purchases online. In addition, there are several excellent reviews on Youtube which include swatches. I am wearing the blue/red on my lid and a purple in my crease and it looks brilliant. The pigmentation is really good on dark skin and it's not creased or faded.
In addition, I suggest the lip gloss for you felines who like to rock gloss, I find them to be similar to MAC's Dazzleglasses and only run $3.99 plus tax.
I know this is rather worthless without pictures; however, I leave at 6.30 a.m. and between the bus, train, and cubicle, I don't feel photogenic. I am working on that character flaw and soon you will be roaring for me to stop cam whoring *smiles*

Stay Beautiful,


B.P.

Friday, December 12, 2008

It's *finally* Friday!


Dearest Beautiful,
I am very saddened this week, which is apparent by the lack of pizazz in my blog for frisky felines. Today, I was really sad in hearing of the passing of Bettie Page. I am not one who follows icons; however, I do like women of a certain era. I read about Ms. Page and her story was tragic in so many ways, yet at the time she was still alive. What a ferocious feline! She had endured and prospered and survived so much, the rest of us look like feral kittens in comparison. Even the lioness Angelina "Mother of All" Jolie, looks shy in comparison to the fierce B. Page.
Incidentally, I have been uninspired by today's fashion. Not that it takes someone too inspire me, I'm often inspired by nature (true panther)moreso than by replicating another's art. I think the state of the global economy has taken a bite out of my usual playful attitude. My heart is torn by the political, economic and seasonal climate.
Each day someone went missing, is found dead, has been caught in corruption and to my left, there is more foreclosing, requests for buyouts, job losses, and I see people struggling to feed their kid(s), pay their rent and utilities, pay for their tuition and even one of my favorite YouTubers was doing a video with layers and layers of clothes, in her cave with a fire and still could not stop her nose from running due to the temperature being so cold. It took my little joy away since YouTube is a huge part of my research for all things cosmetics, beauty, health and social networking.
Maybe I do need to have less compassion and thicker skin, but it's quite hard watching the world seem to be in an economic nosedive.
Don't forget to think of your fellow felines this holiday season. If you see someone and are tempted to diss, growl or bite back, give them a pass right now. We are all in this together, and if we want to see change we need to be change.

Meow for now,


B.P.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nailed It!


Hello Gorgeous,
I am still working through the bloomin winter woes, as I refer to them; however, I am dedicated to keeping you lot apprised of all things beautiful.
Recently, my obsession for makeup has branched off to another form of beauty. I have always been a diligent feline about my paws. I have cult faves for moisturising my skin which, this time of year, seems more necessary than usual. So, what's my addiction? Nail Art! I happened to be watching a lovely YouTube fave and noticed her nails. They were the most beautiful claws a cougar could want. The length was purrfect, the paws *cough hands cough* were long and slender and ever so purrfect.
In the course of purchasing my hair conditioner I noticed the brand China Glaze was next to O.P.I and the sales assistant stated she preferred the China Glaze over O.P.I. When I asked her if it was just the price she indicated the price was a factor; however, the base coat was more important to the longevity of natural claws as opposed to those with artificial coating of any sort (i.e. silk, acrylic, fiberglass, etc.) and if I had a good base I would be happy with China Glaze.
So...I purchased the China Glaze and they were buy two get one free and still less than a bottle of O.P.I. *YAHOO* I love a bargain!!!
Quite naturally, I wasn't satisfied and my constant thinking brain did not shut off for a moment. Less than a block away there was another beauty product store, and with my discount it would be a tad more, but I just had to do a comparison. So I got one of the French editions which is a dupe of the China Glaze. The result were correct! I got more mileage out of the China Glaze and it's still not chipped one week forward.
I still wasn't done though. I had to do more research and read tons of blogs and makeup boards and then watched a lovely gal, Iamgrape1119 on YouTube and I'm happy to report China Glaze is now a black panther approved product!

Stay strong, fierce and beautiful,

B.P.


Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thought for today...

The Tongue Can Be Your Worst Enemy!

> > Your words, your dreams, and your thoughts have power to
> > create conditions in your life.

> > What you speak about, you can bring about.

> > If you keep saying you can't stand your job,
> > you might lose your job.

> > If you keep saying you can't stand your body,
> > your body can become sick.

> > If you keep saying you can't stand your car, your car
> > could be stolen or just stop operating.

> > If you keep saying you're broke, guess what?
> > You'll always be broke.

> > If you keep saying you can't trust a man or trust a
> > woman, you will always find someone in your life to hurt
> > and betray you.

> > If you keep saying you can't find a job, you will
> > remain unemployed.

> > If you keep saying you can't find someone to love you
> > or believe in you, your very thought will attract more
> > experiences to confirm your beliefs.

> > If you keep talking about a divorce or break up in a
> > relationship, then you might end up with it.

> > Turn your thoughts and conversations around to be more
> > positive and power packed with faith, hope, love and
> > action.

> > Don't be afraid to believe that you can have what you
> > want and deserve.

> > Watch your Thoughts, they become words.

> > Watch your Words, they become actions.

> > Watch your Actions, they become habits.

> > Watch your Habits, they become character.

> > Watch your Character, for it becomes your Destiny.

> > The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get
> > even less than you settle for.

> > In the search for Me, I discovered Truth.

> > In the search for Truth, I discovered Love.

> > In the search for Love, I discovered GOD.

> > And in God, I have found Everything.
> >
> > Watch how your circumstances and situations begin to change
> > when you change the way you speak.

> > "Life is like melted butter... once things cool
> > down, it can be reshaped

Unfortunately, I am a little under the weather today, which has me retreating in my domain. Please forgive my lack of creativity, but it's quite hard to focus with this bl**dy migraine which makes the computer screen feel as if I am looking directly into the sun.

Monday, December 8, 2008

This week's featured guru is....


ApropoM.U.A.!!!
I have been watching this foxy feline for several months now. She is Eastern European and I state that because both she and the lovely Nireyna (also Eastern European) have an amazing style of using a pencil eyeliner technique to cut or create the crease of many of their looks.
I first learned about this from Nireyna who referred to it on her YouTube channel as the banana method.
I have watched this video no less than ten times. I enjoy the music, the technique and, of course, the results.
I know this is not my work, however, I truly love to showcase and share the love of so many of you panthers, cougars, kittens, lions, tigers and others who are prowling around and publishing your skills on the web.
I have been contemplating what to do with my own channel and it's, quite honestly, stressing me out. Reason? How many gurus do we have? I see so much talent on a daily basis, it's sort of like being in California and becoming an actress. Who isn't? I want to say there are no dark felines; however, that's not true. In addition, what do people like in videos? Talking? Not talking? Brief? Lengthy? Then there's the whole lot about copywrites and music, w

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Move over Mac?


Cherubs!
I learned about a new (to me) line of cosmetics from the makers of Kryolan and am more than happy to say, "I cannot wait for it to fly from the shelves of a department store near you!" At the time, it's only available at Selfridge's and the line is called Illamasqua and is very promising. How it compares to MAC is yet to be determined since only our felines in Blighty have access. I tried the link, and it was a no go. In the event it was a bad connection find it go to my favorite place. Where you ask? YouTube frisky, where else? They have their own channel and you will be as mesmerised as I was. I am sharpening my nails just itching to get my paws on those lovely pigments.
In related news, the beautiful Russian feline Xenia launched her own line of cosmetics limecrime and the reviews and purr has been quite impressive.

Meow for now!


B.P.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Makeup, Makeup and more Makeup!!!

Dearest Cherubs!

The fiercest of them all has come to an acceptance. I am an addict. I am powerless over my addiction and only God can remove the obsession.
Duly noted I was absent yesterday, but internally I had a struggle of which I am not proud. The addict had a slip and substituted heroin for morphine. I cheated on makeup with....wait for it...NAIL POLISH!!!!! I am so ashamed. I can't believe I bought one color three times. I was out of control, out of my mind and feel a twinge of remorse.
PSA Sally's carries China Glaze nail polish for a fraction of the cost of O.P.I. and many a nail fiend has indicated the results are equal if not better of the likes of both Essie and OPI.
Back to my misery. I had my fix two nights in a row, thanks to Youtube once again, and found some quite attractive designs for my natural nails. My poor pooch felt so neglected he was mounting "Wanda" the kitten again. What has Ms. Black Panther done to her fierce fastidious fancy for frugalness? She has given in to the evil of all things beauty once again. What's more, one received this:

The softest, smoothest way to sharpen your graphic edge. Highly pigmented. Vibrantly rich. Combined with the right tools it provides the precise gel-based medium you need for body painting, or the simplest, most colourful line.



A waterproof gel/cream liner that provides all the smooth graphic benefits of a liquid liner. Creates precise, long-lasting lines of intense colour with dense matte coverage. Versatile palette offers both vibrantly bright and...More
Click on a swatch for details.
Landscape Green
Marine Ultra
Rich Purple
Basic Red
Genuine Orange
Primary Yellow
Black Black
Pure White
in one's mail box today! I love creme bases and does anyone understand what it's like to feel an uncontrollable urge pulsate throughout their body? I am in such despair. Alas, I must go. As all felines do, we hide out, lick our wounds and arise again.

Pray for me!


Monday, December 1, 2008

Holiday Madness and sales galore

Hello Gorgeous!
Thankfully, I had family in town and being they are a tad bit older, I did not, I repeat did not do any hauling for makeup during my absence. I did, however, make a tiny purchase on Sephora because they were kind enough to send me a $15.00 gift card and I used a code for free shipping. See, I am a smart shopper these days. I have figured out how to search for codes and to stack them. In my opinion, getting a $15.00 or 20% is the nothing since shipping costs are dead high. So, if I can find a code for shipping, I can get a discount as long as it is for something I need.
Granted there was not one bloomin thing I needed at Sephora nor will I for the several years to come, I did find that there was a hair conditioner I had had success with in the past, so I ordered it.
In other beauty news, Coastal Scents is having their version of Cyber Monday, yet again, I am not really keen on their palettes *gasp* and the only justifiable haul will be that of my lovely Make Up Forever. I love that line and you lot know how I feel about their lack of availability. That was a rant which needed to be released.
In other news, I am really working on my makeup an photography skills in hopes of posting some really gorgeous FOTDs. As it is, I'm not good with the camera, I'm just figuring out how to set the timer and trying to look "sexy" in the process is a joke. How do you beautiful cherubs do it?

In other beauty news, I was watching a morning television show and the host was discussing how to get access to discount designer gear and low and behold, I have been invited to Rue La La. This is an "alleged" invitation only website which features discounts on very high end labels for a fraction. Unfortunately, once I got past the login, secret password, etc. I found none of the items appealed to me. I felt horrible since I was practically liking the television set while watching the display of garments, shoes and bags which were featured. Oh well...there are still sales to be had, and why spend money on something for the sake of a discount, if I am not keen on the item any way?
Lastly, my lovely lions, tigers, panthers and kittens, I will be doing weekly features. I haven't sorted out the details, but, this will be something of interest on a beauty, fashion, Youtube, product, designer or featured guest.

Stay tuned, but stay even more beautiful!

B.P.