Real Essence of Beauty

As a freelance makeup artist, the one thing I have not been able to drive home enough is today's topic. I have those commonly asked questions each time I do a makeover/under. "What is the best...?" Or, "What foundation do you prefer?" The one that is a guarantee, "How can I make my face...?"
Well, it all starts with your own essence of beauty and not any brand or tool to apply makeup. Your essence is what makes you beautiful. Cliche' as it may sound, we do create our own unique "look" or have some phenotype that makes us different. I don't like my nose, long for sultry lashes, and wish my pores were smaller. My nose is a gift from my grandmother who went to be with God. My lashes may not be long, but they have a wicked curl and I can always add falsies, my skin is something that brings me to the crux of this post.
Beautiful, it is your responsibility to take good care of your body, but you really want to put your best face first. Our face tells people more than we think. It's the first thing we notice. It tells our story and holds people attention during conversation. Yes, beauty is skin deep and it's not all about appearance, but no matter what our circumstances it's always important to do things that will keep your skin it's best. You don't have to give up soda, chocolate, etc., but you do need to include more water in your diet. Start small, include a glass with whatever you snack on and if you still want a soda have one.
I absolutely loathe drinking water. So, I made a list of ways I could incorporate it into my day. I even spiked the water with lemon, lime and other things to trick myself into liking it. I still don't like it. I have no sugar based drinks in my home. This forces me to drink water because I don't like being thirsty and I can only drink so much soy milk, tea and coffee without getting sick and/or thirsty. I have relapsed and driven to the store many a night for a fix, but I make it a point to have a bottle of water on my desk each morning. Pretty soon I will drink it all, but it has yet to happen.
Cleansers! Keep your canvas clean love. I am blessed with great skin, but the down side is...oil. My organic moisturiser could give Rudolph's nose a run for the money during the worst snow storm. I keep napkins with me at all times. I did try blotting sheets, but they didn't feel clean. They stuck to my face and I had to use no less than ten at a time then I still found a napkin or paper towel so, I am sticking with the napkins. When I am in a store or washing my hands I grab a few extra and keep them in my car, purse, desk and touch up throughout the day.
As for makeup, I cannot express how important washing off your makeup is. It's not just hygienic, but it's really good for your skin. Even those who have dry skin should do this, and no matter how late, tired, or lazy you are, you can stop in the loo and take a few minutes to clean your face and get that old mascara off.
While on the subject of makeup, clean your brushes, or throw out some of those dirty sponges. How many times have you seen a woman take out a compact and put that puff on her oily nose and back into the compact? Nice! Don't do that, and don't touch up the oilies without removing it first. Remember to blot next time. A client who was preparing for her sister's wedding wanted me to do her makeup. I asked her the essentials and inquired about what she uses for foundation. She then proceeded to tell me about her "awful breakouts." I asked her to bring the products and when she did, I immediately looked at her kabuki brush. "How often do you clean this?," I asked knowing her answer already. "Oh, I don't clean it, my makeup is mineral." Huh... So let's just say, we did an overview on brush cleaning and she was mortified by the colour of the water and the length it took to clean. I didn't follow up on her skin, but I drove the message home about the effects of dirty tools.
Please remember, if there is a way you can do so, money is rather tight these days, see a dermatologist. I don't mean to take the joy away from makeup, I'm a junkie too. But, there are so many things a dermatologist can do to help you to look your best. Whether it's your skin's moisture level being too high (oily) or too low (dry), acne or rosacea, they can best determine the method for you. Plus, no matter your ethnicity, you can get skin cancer and early detection is the best for a speedy recovery. That concludes today's tips!
Stay beautiful!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x