Long Healthy Relaxed Hair Challenge 2010!


Gah!  It was so freaking cold but how does one track their progress without a picture?  Ugh!  I guess my hair is ... waist length almost??? When it's dry it's to the lower part of the small of my back.  My hair is 4c, and it doesn't accept relaxers well.  I'd declare my hair as texlaxed because it's chemically altered but not straight.  For example, if I went to the hair dresser, she would not declare my hair relaxed because it isn't "bone" straight, but it's not natural.  *Note* This is not about the relaxed v. natural stuff that's going on in the black hair community.  Do and where your hair, but don't let it be who or what identifies you!  So, my goal for myself is to take care of my mind, body, and soul by eating better, getting some form of exercise, reducing stress, cutting back on sweets, adding more fun into my life and keeping a journal of my hair, weight, skin and overall well being.  Time to let of of toxic people, places and things.  If you would like to join me, I'm a great motivator and I've never had long hair in my life, my mother didn't know how to care for it, and neither did I.  If I'm honest, sometimes, I want to shave my head.  So, how did I grow it?  It wasn't easy, and protective styles will save you a lot of pain, frustration and get you through the tough times.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x