Product Review: Hourglass Veil Primer

Hello Kittens!  I hope all is well.  Me?  Of course things are miserable great in my world.  I had such a cute day at work, all in pink.  I'll post the outfit at another day tomorrow maybe?  So, I tried another primer.  This primer was touted up there with the gods of makeup for brilliant.  Back story:  I have huge pores, sensitive skin and hate foundation.  I told the sales girl at Sephora about my background in cosmetics, my experience with every primer on the market and my desire to have less shine by the time I turn the bathroom light off to leave as I currently do.  She and a few cast mates assured me this product would work.  Apprehensively, I made the first mistake in shopping for cosmetics.  #1 RULE
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!!
I spent $52.00 for an ounce of crap product.  It was one of the worst I have tried.  I seriously have tried Milk of Magnesia, Bare Minerals, Medi Matte, Smashbox, MAC, Cornstarch, Fyrinnae and none of it works.  I just need to sandblast my face and wear blotting sheets all day. 
Pros:
 It is lightweight, doesn't smell, doesn't itch and is not heavy at all.  It's not a gel consistency but rather liquidy. It does NOT have:
-Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances 
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates

 Cons:
It didn't work.  I was oily and felt like the SPF 15 was worn off by the time I arrived to work.  At least with Shiseido SPF 55, I knew there was enough protection from the sun and it was sweat/waterproof. 
The PRICE!!! OUCH!
The packaging is not conducive for sun creams.  Pumps are okay for foundation, but thumbs down for anything else.  For $52 you need to be able to use ALL of the product. 
pores galore!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x