Fix? or Fad?

I don't know how those who are in the "know" in the beauty blogging and advertising world handle it.  Seriously, I am by no means an expert or even on the radar of high profile beauty bloggers and every morning at least, no exaggeration, 15 emails are about the "next best _______."  Seriously, I think e.l.f. have me on a hourly list of emails which come to the same address but are addressing me in various manners.  I'm not blaming them, I'm the idiot one who signs up for these things.  Why? Discounts of course! 
(really Stila?)
In my defence, this stuff is really getting out of hand.  I need another primer like I need a whole in my head. 
For example, you know how brands have primers in shades to counter facial discolouration.  Green for redness, purple for yellow or sallowness...? Well, Stila has an all inclusive primer.  How the fuck on earth does Stila's primer "magically" know what to correct?  Can the primer see my skin?  Does it detect where the redness is, where I need brightening?  My skin is black, will I walk about looking like one big bulb?  Seriously, how does this primer know my face from yours?  Not to mention my skin is temperamental, I may wake up with no issues and then by noon, I'm developing a planet. Here's what Stila has to say:
one step correct

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swirl you way to perfect skin in one step! This innovative, triple-swirled helix serum instantly color corrects, brightens and covers skin imperfections for a flawless face with no fuss.
This primer, color corrector, brightener and anti-aging skincare serum does it all with the help of Stila's Youth Revival Bio-Available Mineral Complex™:

Magician
Instantly makes imperfections disappear
Multitasker
Reduces fine lines, wrinkles, pores and pigmentation
Miracle Worker
Hydrates, controls oil and improves skin texture

The revolutionary new product contains 3 color-correcting brighteners:

•Green tone instantly neutralizes redness and conceals blemishes

•Lavender tone counteracts sallow undertones for a vibrant, energized look

•Peach tone brightens, illuminates and helps diminish the appearance of sun spots

The weightless, creamy formula blends imperceptibly into skin and won't clog pores or settle into fine lines … so all anyone will notice is your perfectly flawless skin! <~~~~ Rrright!  Only $36.00

As if that weren't enough....Coastal Scents is my new friend too.  Aside from weekly alerts on Fridays, I received....
ANOTHER PRIMER!  

"Prepare to be amazed by the astonishing results of CS Shadow Worx Eye Primer. Shadow Worx comes in an easy to squeeze gold tube with a slim release point, this allows for precise disbursement of product along with eliminating bacterial growth. You will find it easy to squeeze down to your very last drop, no waste.


Shadow Worx appears pearlescent and is champagne in color, it offers multi-functional uses with ease. Shadows will apply smoothly like silk, blend well and dry quickly, as well as remain crease-free and vibrant all day. A matte effect is easily obtained when applying matte powders over the Shadow Worx.

Price: only $14.95
 
I'm not saying I don't appreciate products which are innovative and cutting edge.  My question is, "Why do we need products, for products to do what they are designed to do?"  If I buy a foundation that says it will give me a flawless finish, or a matte finish why would I need to buy their primer as well?  I know, to prime the skin well, that would mean you have a skin cleansing system.  I'm sure there is a cleanser or something to help eradicate my ruddiness right?   
It's a dog eat dog business beauty is.  I'm just disgusted at how many fads, trends, and the amount of shit stuff I've accumulated just to look "pretty" and feel good about myself.  I'm a marketing teams dream.  I know I won't be a supermodel tomorrow and that these things are 90% hype, but...what's a girl to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x