Product Review: Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55

I bought this product after using up my MAC Prep and Prime MAC Prep & Prime SPF50.  I will review that later on, I cannot find my notes.  So, I heard about this product from a forum and thought I'd give it a go.  The reason I wanted this was not because MAC had done anything to my skin such as break outs or cystic acne, rather I had heard both MAC and Shiseido were good as primers for us oily skinned girls.  I've stated, and it bears repeating that my skin is an oil slick.  It's beyond rubbish and annoying in that I must blot every hour if not more.  First impression, the stuff is runny.  I didn't take a photo because I don't like the packaging.  It's hard and the stuff comes out like liquid.  It's not a lotion, it's not even thick as ketchup.  It runs down your face since I put it directly on my skin and the bottle is not to my liking.  It costs about $39.00 USD so it's not cheap.  I purchased mine here and was not quite sure if I should have gotten the cream or not.  (Please note:  They no longer have SPF 55 at Sephora).  I like that it is waterproof and is photo stable for protection against the sun and free radicals and it does seem to help keep my oilies at bay.  What I don't like is that you have to put something on top of this.  It will leave a bit of a grey cast on your face.  I put a powder on over it and it's fine and I haven't seen the ghost face in photographs which I've taken so far. I would recommend this to oily girls and those who are exposed to the sun on a regular basis.  If you live in a climate with stronger sun light you would benefit from this, but there are cheaper alternatives as well.  I don't know how long before you would need to reapply as I don't fancy the sun.  I do not get any compensation for anything so this is based off my experience and I've been using this daily for approximately three months.  I cannot compare it as extremely better than MACs so I won't commit to either one, but since I'm tallying how often I blot, this one seems to beat MAC by a few less blots during the mid day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x