Super Bowl 44 Geaux Saints!

I am not going to pretend I'm a life long Saints, fan because I'm not.  I've been a New England Patriots fan since forever, but I really wanted the New Orleans Saints to win because I felt the state of Louisiana could use a break.  Not simply a break, but their spirits lifted.  Hurricane Katrina has become the thing most people think of when they think of the Big Easy.  Unfortunately, they forget about Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) ever since.  The devastation of the hurricane was one thing, but the images, the poor disaster planning and lack of support by the government has left an ugly mark on the city of New Orleans, not to mention the financial setbacks, the blow to the economy etc.  It was time for good to smile down from the heavens to give the city a boost to remind them of why they were always known for the great music, night life, carnival and celebrations.  So in honor of the Saints, I sported their colors on my eyes.  I try not to be all about my face here, but today felt right. Cheers to you, thank you God!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x