Just another day in Sunny California

If someone had told me I'd be living and working in California a few years back, I would have called them a "fat liar!" Well...here I am.  Not a day goes by when I don't wonder "How the hell did this happen?" or better yet, "How the hell do I get out of here?!"  I'm a very thankful and blessed person.  I have a job, a dog I love, a warm flat, etc.  I don't seem to be able to fit in here.  It's not that I don't try, my personality just doesn't work here.  I have joined social groups, churches, volunteer, attend classes, hang out in libraries, bookstores, and can't say how often I am about shopping. 
California is very nice.  Where else do you find people in shorts, sandals and shades whilst Christmas shopping?  It's very common to see high profile people and they are just about doing their thing.  I used to think it would be nice to be around celebrities, but here, everyone believes they are one.  I dunno...
This day, I was leaving work and walking to the train.  I like to take the late one in the afternoon because there is a man who looks like Adrien Brody on it and I like to stare at his profile.  In the morning there's a chap who looks like a young George Clooney.  I never make eye contact with most men, I don't want them to mistake me for a "fan" but I do want to take their photo so I can show how much they resemble these stars.
Well, this day there was an event at the California Museum of Art. You have to love transit for being near all the hot spots.  It looks lovely having transients asking people who wipe their bums with Benjamins for spare  change.  Or, the homeless person(s) wearing their blanket and carrying their sign in the shot of the news reporter.  When I stumble upon news persons, I always look pissed.  That way they don't ask you any questions.  Who wants to give their opinion about Tiger Woods, the President or any other fodder for all their coworkers, friends and associates to see?  Sure there are loads, but that's not me.  I'm too vain to be caught unversed on a subject or looking a hot mess in front of a camera.  No way, since I still can't find a foundation that my skin doesn't absorb by noon.
I've been practicing taking photos since I am such a novice.  I really loathe just having my mug all over as it seems vain and self absorbed.  I now have an addiction to cameras.  Why can't I have a cheap addiction like...dunno collecting buttons or matches...
So it appears one of the recipients was Harvey Milk.  I wondered why there were signs about Milk being a pervert.  Most times milk is similar to vanilla.  It's pure, boring, or plain, but never perverse.  What's a typical day for you?  Where do you live?  Do you like it?  I am looking to leave, but dunno where to go :(
xoxo




(who's holding a press conference? or, which building is having a stand off?)

(Milk was a pervert?  ah..protests...)

(don't you love how tacky the "red carpet" is?)


(guy in white hat tells me "no pictures")


(so I cross the street and continue)


(had I known, I could have been the next "party crasher")


(absolutely love this art piece, see it everyday on my way home)


(oh hai mummy, just chilling til you get home :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x