Good bye 2009...Welcome 2010

Each year I do the same bl**dy thing, I cannot wait until a new year begins.  To me, it's like spring it signifies a new beginning.  For girls like me, I always welcome a fresh start.  I am realistic though, I realize there are things I cannot control.  I cannot control things which I have no power over.  The economy, the war, the corruption and the fact that life is not fair.  It used to be that your education was a segway to a career, skill trumped opportunity and hard work would eventually pay off.
Currently, it's marketing, public relations and what you look like, with a few exceptions.  I have seen people who have worked their asses off in the makeup artistry industry not get signed by agencies who will sign a popular guru on YouTube, I've seen brands market their products to people who make videos whose demographic are the 12-19 age range with things they can't afford.  There I said it.  But, I've also seen YouTubers who aren't the stereotypical beauty be featured on George Lopez, I've seen a "dowdy" Susan Boyle break records late in life, and I've seen people who would never have an opportunity to make people smile, like me (Michael Buckley, MsFili et al) this past year.
I don't know what the purpose of this post was, other than to say, "If you have a dream, you have a chance, but if you don't try, you'll never know."  I wish I were the type to say screw them, and put myself out there, but I'm not.  I've endured too much pain to put myself out there and can't fault anyone but me.  100% of shots never tried have failed, so for me, I will make it a point to face my fears one day at a time this coming year.  Not everyone will like me, some will say ugly things, and there will ALWAYS be someone who will bring you down, rain on your sun, and tell you how ugly, fat, stupid, etc. I am, but it stops today.  It should have stopped a long, long time ago. But in the tradition of New Year's Eve, I must have at least one resolution, and it's said if you put something in writing, the odds are better you will achieve it.  Who's with me?  If anyone reads this and wants a support system, you have it here.  I will accept your past, support your present, and encourage your future. 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x