Eyelash Perming?

Cherubs,
I cannot believe I neglected to give you an update. As you are aware I have been using both LiLash and Enormous Lash to lengthen my eyelashes. Well, the Enormous Lash is more impressive thus far; however, I must tell you of an adventure I partook this past weekend.
Sans a lover for St. Valentine's Day, I wanted to do something for myself. My hair was done last weekend (more to come on that) and I gave myself a manicure and pedicure as well as a facial and eyebrow touch up. So...what's a female to do? I obsessed about my unruly eyelashes and the fact they are so curly and unruly it makes it quite difficult to gauge the actual progression, even with photos. I contacted a lovely lady who has been perming lashes for years, and I did a background check and Googled her name and found nothing bad and her license is still legitimate.
I got there and it was a very relaxing experience. It's literally perming your eyes, with the perm, neutralizer, roller etc. It took her about an hour and I could not apologize enough for her patience. As the perming solution processes she would take a comb and attempt to get my lashes to straighten in order to wrap them around the bend of the curler (which is similar to the rubber on an eyelash curler) but my lashes were like my hair, quite resistant, and she indicated such.
The procedure was an hour and cost $40.00 and a tip. I learnt a lot about the cosmetics industry as my cosmetologist seemed to need to talk, so I listened :)
I must conclude by stating I do not recommend this procedure. I don't intend on going back as the curls are nice; however, my lashes with mascara hit my eyelids :( See, the price of vanity. That was $40 plus I could have spent on makeup, perfume, shoes, or gas. Oh well, I hope my lesson benefits others. If you do partake in this adventure, remember your eyelashes are like the hair on the other parts of your body, it sheds, gets dry and can split, so use petroleum jelly, Castor or some essential oil as perming is a recipe for drying out your eyelashes :)

Meow for now,


B.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x