Urban Decay Creme Eyeshadow as a Base


Hi Gorgeous,
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, I know I did, I did watch the Oscars, but I'm sick of hearing, talking and recapping them so, I wanted to post a review on a product I swatched and posted a few posts back.
I used the Urban Decay Creme Eyeshadow as a base and the color was Moonshine. The creme shadows claim to "Cream Shadow channels the sex appeal of the 70’s and the science of today! Whipped to perfection, each shimmering shade dries to a weightless layer of color that will not crease, fade, or hide in fine lines. Unlike most cream shadows, our gel-based formula features silicone technology, allowing time to blend, correct and smudge. Once dry, shadow is light and as flexible as your own skin." Why did I forget to read about the products before I purchased the products?
It went on smooth, but not quite creamy in texture. Dried in a matter of seconds, and I used my fingers and it doesn't budge. Keep that in mind, whereever you put it is where it stays and it's buildable, so the more you apply the more intense the color. Unfortunately, I used this as a base to do a pink and purple eye. I kid you not these bases are like neon lights under shadows. The shadow glides on perfectly, but it's the equivalent of wearing glitter as a shadow base. You cannot get away from the particles of glitter. It's not that it makes a mess, but when trying to take yourself serious you can't because the more eyeshadow you put on, the more the glitter appears. On the plus side, it washes off well without having remains of glitter all over your lids or fallout.
I never laughed at myself so hard but wanted to cry at the same time. I was not about to take the base off and redo my eye, but I have treid a lot of "quick fixes" and this product seemed like it knew what my next step would be and didn't budge. I think these will be go backs since it's not sanitary to swap used makeup since it was applied from the dove foot wand, is it? *shrugs* I would post the photo, but I think you all get the picture without having to have a laugh on me. I think for something festive, this product would be great or if you like going to the club and want some attention, this is your go to product.

Meow for now felines and tomcats!


B.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x