Budget Finds!

I have been collecting Jessie's girl cosmetics for a good while now. When I began they didn't have names, as they were not popular; however, with the advance in social networking the word has gotten out about this brand. I have taken a picture, albeit not too clear (work in progress) for your viewing pleasure. The colors are as follows:
From left to right:

Top row: Baby Blues; Trouble Maker; Penny Arcade; Pixie Dust; Key Lime; Mardi Gras; Blue Moon.

Middle row: Pink Glitz; Antique Green; Fruit Punch; Peek a Boo Violet; Peek a Boo Red; Sparkle Gold; Sunstone.

Bottom row: LE Christmas 08; Ultraviolet; Indian Summer; Cafe' au Lait; Blackstar Barbie; LE Christmas 08; Majestic.


Pros: Inexpensive at $3.99 USD each, goes on smooth, very pigmented, really pigmented when applied wet, finely milled.


Cons: Very difficult to find, some do not have names; you have to notate the SKU number for backups.

Overall: I hate to compare these as they are a drugstore line; however, they are really a great deal. I like them a lot more than NYX; however, I find them as good or equal to MAC but the difference is these don't have the binders in them which make MAC pigments seem more chunky and press with alcohol alone.

Another product I am happy to have found was this little number from Claire's. This palette was on sale for about $3.50 USD total and I like it more than my 88 palette in terms of payoff. I have the shimmer palette and I reckon I get confused with the terms (i.e. shimmer, extra shimmer, frost, pearl, veluxe pearl, etc.) and I think I purchased the shimmer-almost-glitter-disco-ball version because though the texture is smooth I find when I use that palette people at my work can't stop staring at my eyes, or the reflection the eyeshadow is creating under the lights. It's not a look of "Wow, you look nice" but rather a "Wow, that's some color you got there" and I am too old and simple for that.


I used this palette and it has just the right amount of shimmer and though it looks cheap, it's really quite nice in payoff. They are a wee bit larger than MAC so, depotting is not a good idea. I can swatch any and all if the interest exists. I hope this has been beneficial. I hate to admit, Christmas is straight around the corner and these make great stocking fillers or gifts for teens!





xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x