Make it Work!

Hello Friends,
I have been guilty of lying on the street for lack of  a better term.  I'm the type who cannot accept compliments at all.  I own up to it, and fully admit it; however today I'm giving 100% truth.  The outfits I wear are never really planned out nor do I spend time on them.  I am inherently lazy to the nth degree.  I cannot stand getting up to iron; although adding simple touches like ironing, hemming, fixing loose buttons can made a piece go from drab to fab, I don't do it.  I don't spend a lot of money on clothes; however, I do have loads of pieces which are classics as well as some "throwaways."  My throwaways are clothes I purchase from F21 and don't expect them to last me long or may be considered "trendy."  For lack of a better word, they were inexpensive and not made the best in terms of quality; however, they are fun and you can have fun with clothes on clearance racks.
I digress.  So, at work people make statements about my clothes or whatever, and I lie and say I got them really cheap or they are hand me downed from someone, or I got them at Ross.  I do shop at Ross, but I get creative with clothes and will do something ridiculous like wear a brown maxi dress with dayglo orange heels.
Voila:
 
The scary thing is, I didn't plan this outfit, I grabbed the dress because I was running late and didn't have the time to iron, and the shoes?  Well, I can't account for that, but it worked.  I got great compliments and to be honest, I was embarrassed once I arrived at work sitting there looking down at the clown shoes which looked like rejects from a WHAM! video.  Oh well, here's to making it work, wear what you wear and don't care and the attitude will give you the confidence to carry it off.  It's not just _______ who can "get away with it" you can too, if you believe it!

2 comments:

  1. I love those shoes. Against your coloring they really pop and look lush! And they work with that dress really well!!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x