MAC Fall Architectural Cosmetics Fall 2009

MAC FALL 2009 Architectural

Hmm...
I know I love makeup and I've heard it called, warpaint, spackle, instant pretty, and heard it takes a blow torch, sandblaster etc. for some of us heavy handed to get it off, but I never heard of makeup being architectural.  On the other hand, since it is "art" it would suffice to say it's not too far off.  Well, I didn't know about this collection since I've been so obsessed with Style Black so, I was happy to stumble across the following article:
As cosmetic brands continue to shift towards the ‘green movement’ with plant, flower and fruit-inspired products, MAC has taken a completely different approach.
Coming this fall, MAC will introduce its Fall/Winter colors that were inspired by architectural design and shades. Even the shapes and steely packaging are an expression of this idea and are sure to shift the trend in the industry.
The new Fall/Winter colors from MAC will be available September 17, 2009. 
Lipsticks: (LE)$14.00USD/$16.50CAD


  • Faultlessly F/W - Blackened blue violet (Amplified Creme)
  • Hipster - Burgundy frost (Frost) (Repromote)
  • Red Full-Stop - Bright neon coral (Lustre)
  • Our Pick - Cement taupey grey (Satin)

Lipglass: (LE) $14.00USD/$16.50CAD


  • Runway Fave - Grey toned neutral light pearl (Frost)
  • New Berry - Deep plum (Cream)
  • So This Season - Deep blue violet (Cream)

Quad: (LE) $36.00USD

Tone:Grey

  • A Warmer White - Pale green grey (Satin)
  • Tone:Grey - Mid-tone grey (Satin)
  • Waft - Dark blue grey (Frost) (Repromote from Smoke Signal's Gentle Fume quad)
  • The Right Smoke - Rich blue with white pearl (Frost)

Fragrance: (LE) $20.00USD/$24.00CAD
This will be in the form of a roll-on vial.


  • Asphalt Flower - Violet and iris petals with a sheen of vanilla and patchouli. (Repromote) 
What's getting scary to me, is that when I see certain collections, I think of people who would look amazing in the collection. This one screams of the talented Pixiwoo duo Samantha and Nicola Chapman.  Those girls are so talented as makeup artists, but I wonder why they aren't models...I guess when you are beautiful, talented and quite successful within your own right, you don't really need to rely on your looks solely. Lassies like me, that's all I do knowing full well no amount of makeup is going to make me look like a model nor a celebrity, but that's why we all have different talents, right?  So, now I need to decide how I'm going to get back on the "no-buy" wagon after this and Style Black.
xoxo 
 

source 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn to sound off, thank you for all comments I learn from them and appreciate your taking the time x